A discreet & comfortable silicone wrap to help prevent bit pinching & create a gentle feel that horses love. Essential BitTape is a new approach to a long-trusted training aid.
Versatile & Easy to Use
Designed for multiple uses depending on application & style of bit
Softens the bit for sensitive horses
Alternative to Bit Guards
Helps prevent pinching
Aids in Bit Repair
Creates a smooth surface on chewed up bits
Easy to Use
Cut to your preferred length
- Secure Storage
Resealable plastic bag keeps out dirt, air & moisture
Regular & Wide Size Options
Regular size is 1” (2.5 cm) W x 120” (304.8 cm) L, Wide size is 2” (5.08 cm) W x 48” (121.9 cm) L
Directions for Use
- Start with a clean & dry workspace to ensure proper adherence.
- Cut your desired length of BitTape. The average horse bit takes approx. 6-12", but this can vary with application or size of bit.
- Gently pre-stretch the BitTape material.
- Place the starting edge on the front of the bit to avoid creating a bump against the horse's tongue.
- Overlap the BitTape approx. 50% onto itself as your wrap.
- Once wrapped, squeeze the material firmly to ensure proper adhesion.
- If you see signs of wear or BitTape begins to loosen, cut it off, discard & re-wrap the bit with new material.
Tips & Tricks
- Take your time! Once BitTape has adhered to itself, you will not be able to unwrap & re-use material.
- For best results, apply the minimum number of layers required (over-wrapping may reduce durability).
- Do not leave horses unattended with a wrapped bit in their mouth for an extended period of time.
- BitTape will generally last multiple rides, depending on the efficacy of application, the number of layers applied, the style of bit, how much the horse chews & other factors.
- Intended for single-use application.
- Store the unused portion of the BitTape roll back in its sealed bag to protect from dirt, air & moisture.
- Check with your competitive organization(s) before use during competition
- Materials: 85%-95% methyl vinyl silicone (silicone rubber compound) & 5-15% proprietary additives.
- Not hazardous under OSHA or WHMIS criteria.
- FDA compliant to §177.2600, CFR 21 “Rubber Articles for Intended for Repeated Use”.
- BitTape has not been evaluated for long term use with horses.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
All in stock items will ship within 1 to 3 business days.
All items may be returned within 12 days of delivery, in its original packaging.
Regular size is 1” (2.5 cm) W x 120” (304.8 cm) L, Wide size is 2” (5.08 cm) W x 48” (121.9 cm) L.
When cleaning the bit, be mindful not to disturb the tape with excessive scrubbing.
Walk to the ring in style...
MaeLort & Co has produced beautifully designed Equestrian backpacks that are amazingly functional for the rider.